maandag 10 november 2014

JAPAN | Roppongi, Doraemon and Pikachu

Here I am again with a post about one of my days in Japan during the summer vacation of 2014! This is going to be a fun one. As you can read by the title, it involves Doraemon and Pikachu in Roppongi :). So there we go, enjoy~


Roppongi, 六本木
This city is known for its nightlife and it is a very popular place for foreigners. It offers a lot of luxury, leisure and residential space making it very appealing to different types of visitors. Places for culture and art are also to be found, like the Mori Art Museum and Suntory Museum of Art. There are tons of bars, restaurants and nightclubs that are welcoming to foreigners. Also a big amount of embassies are located in Roppongi, such as the embassy of the Philippines, Sweden and Spain. 

Roppongi Hills, 六本木ヒルズ
If you are looking for a city within a city, you have found it right here! Roppongi Hills was introduced in 2003 in the center of Roppongi. It became pretty much a token of the Japanese IT business. Everywhere are buildings filled with offices of companies from the IT and financial sector. One of the most frequent visited buildings is the Mori Tower. It is one of the most tallest buildings in that area. In this tower you are able to dine and unwind, shop and check out the beautiful view from up the observation deck.

Tatsuya, Samuel and me went together to Roppongi Hills. For me it was the first time going to Roppongi. It made me very curious because of all the stories that I heard about it. Like: "It is filled with foreigners", "So many douchebags there" etc..On the contrary I heard it is a good place for shopping and you can find yourself some good deals. But either way we didn't come for shopping or nightlife! We came to see Doraemon and Pikachu!



Doraemon, ドラえもん
Having fun in the sun ^^!

Who is Doraemon?
Are you familiar with Doraemon? It is a manga that was made by Fujiko F. Fujio. Doraemon is a robot from the future that traveled back into the past. There is also an anime of Doraemon. It is immensely popular not only for kids, but also adults. The story lines contain a lot of humor, but unlike other anime's or cartoons it contains morale lessons about topics such as courage, family, respect and integrity.

This summer Roppongi Hills happened to be filled with Doraemon's! I was very lucky to be in Japan :).








It was one of the most cutest things I have seen. Just think about that, Japan is a land of cuteness everywhere O_O. Everywhere, Doraemon.. to my right.. to my left.. up, down, under! And they were all different. I also saw the original design of Doraemon. He should have looked like a yellow cat, now he looks like a blue one without ears. I don't have a picture of that one unfortunately, but if you take a good look into the picture with the bunch of Doraemon's and people you can see some yellow ears popping up, a bit on the left!

Pikachu Cafe, ピカチュウカフェ
Pikachuuuuu~

Up in the Mori Tower was a temporary Pikachu Cafe! I remembered that I found out about it somewhere on my Facebook wall. How awesome is this?! A freakin' Pikachu Cafe in Tokyo during my summer vacation. When I was a little girl I was a Pokémon fan. Games, anime, cards, figures - you name it and I had it! Now I had the chance to eat Pikachu! Yes, his head chopped up on a plate... but it looked so cute!! Hahaha. Either way I was dying to take a look and satisfy my taste buds in the Pikachu Cafe.






New Pokémon movie!



So you know, we were way up in the Mori Tower and we had the most prettiest view from there.



 Tokyo Tower!


 Artwork 





They used Rotterdam, a city of The Netherlands, as an example for designing! That so cool!

Playing around 






Wuuaaaaaabaaaa~

Is this a Pokémon?! WHY?!

Pikachu Cafe and the two hour queue
I was very much dissapointed, because there was a two hour queque to have lunch at the Pikachu Cafe. Really.. What is it with Japan and their queque's X_X?! Two hours was too long for us and we were pretty hungry, so we decided to eat elsewhere. But of course we took a look around the kitchen and some other places!

"Pikachu Cafe"


Pikachu Curry

Pokemon Purikura

During the Christmas holidays in Japan we three also made purikura. You can check that out HERE.




Kakigori


Huge shaved ice with all the flavors you can imagine! I had one with mango flavor (wasn't that good unfortunately. I paid around 8 euro for this T_T), Tatsuya had a grape flavored one (WAS SO GOOD!) and Samuel had a peach one (if I remembered correctly, but his was good too!).

So that was it for this post. I had so much fun exploring and sightseeing. I also hope to hang out with you again Samuel!



If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment! I'll be sure to reply :).

Thank you for reading and see you soon again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen