vrijdag 14 november 2014

JAPAN | Okayama, Niimi, Ikuradou

Tokyo was not the only place I have been in Japan. Next to Tateyama I have also been to Okayama! I was curious about this prefecture and heard a lot about it. I pictured it with many mountains, green, nature and farms. So far I have seen, it kind of was :), but also very, very, very beautiful!

Today I will take you with me to Niimi, a city that is located in the northwest of Okayama, where I visited the Ikura-do Cave. Thanks to my boyfriend's parents!


Background information
Niimi City, 新見市, is known for its limestone caves. These caves consist of rocks with a lot of minerals, like calcite and aragonite  (both type of forms of calcium carbonate, CaCO3). Most of these limestone caves are composed of fragments of coral or foraminifera (unicellular organism). 

One of limestone caves I visited was the Ikura-do Cave.


Ikura-do Cave, 井倉洞



Tatsuya filming with our Sony Action Cam.



Behind the lovely waterfall and within this mountain you can find the Ikura-do. It is a Natural Monument of Okayama and has a length of 1200 meters. 



Tragic love story
Somewhere in front of the Ikura-do Cave is an extreme edge with a vertical slope with a tragic love story. A long time ago there lived two lovers called Mosaku and Arisa. Mosaku  got charmed by a very beautiful princess named Tsuruhime. He was so captivated by her that he went to chase her. Arisa couldn't bare with it and killed herself when she was left behind by Mosaku 

The people from the village named this edge Arisabuchi. They also built a shrine in honer of Arisa and called it Arisa no Miya. Now she is worshiped as a goddess of marriage and as a guardian angels of lovers. 










An entrance fee is required to visit the Ikura-do. Also if you ever plan on visiting this cave, make sure to bring a vest of jacket, because it can get pretty cold inside!

 Inside the ikura-do Cave (with bad quality pictures, gomene!)
 But nicely spacey though! ^__^ 

I had some trouble with my camera that day I remember. I couldn't get the color right and stuff. That is why some of the pictures from this post are a bit overly contrasted or the colors are a bit to bright.





We walked for a long time. Going up and down stairs, taking care we wouldn't slip and break something. Next to that it was pretty dark. We needed to watch our head to be careful not to hit it. A very nice adventure though!  And cold!!
Exiting the cave





 Plenty of ice cream flavors!

Here you see an insane amount of ice cream flavors! I did not have one, but I should have damn, haha. I'm so curious about some, for example the pudding one and blueberry one. Do you spot any interesting ones?



Cute doggy!

This was the end of this post! Thank you so much for checking it out :).

Have an awesome day ^_^ !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen