woensdag 14 mei 2014

VIDEO GAMES | New second-hand bargains

Recently my boyfriend and me started to play video games on my PlayStation 2 and Gamecube. We had so much fun that we came with the decision of buying some more games. That is what we did over the last month or so. Many titles passed our minds, of which some we found and purchased. Underneath you can see the ones we choose: Onimusha 3, Super Smash Bros Melee, Metal Gear Solid 3, Dragon Quest, Star Wars Episode III, GTA San Andreas, Enternal Sonata. We also got a PlayStation 2(fake) controller and a GameCube controllers. 





PlayStation 2 - Onimusha 3: Demon Siege [€6,- to €8,-]
A game which is developed and published by Capcom. This action-adventure game, released in Japan and Europe, is the third game of the Onimusha series. It's about a returning hero Hidemitsu Samanosuke Akechi, who is on a journey to defeat his rival named Nobunaga Oda. Nobunaga Oda wants to concuer Japan with his army of demons known as Genma. The twist here is that Samanosuke changes places with a French officer from the future, Jacques Blanc(which is based on a real actor), and both have to adapt to their new world to take care of Nobunaga and the Genma.

From the internet, here.

 From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

This was my boyfriends choice. At first we were playing Red Ninja and then this game came to his mind. He must have some nice memories about it. It is quite fun though, defeating a whole army of zombie samurais!

GameCube - Super Smash Brothers Melee [€17,- to €20,-]
This game launched right after the Nintendo GameCube. This really popular fighting game was the successor of Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64. Bringing damage upon your opponents isn't the only way of winning in this game. For you to have a chance on winning it is needed to Knock Out your opponents of the field.

 From the internet, here.

 From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

This game was a part of my youth. The times I have played this game would be uncountable, haha. My boyfriend and me are unlocking the characters and winning trophies once again.

PlayStation 2 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater [€4,- to €6,-]
This action-adventure game was developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and published by Konami for the PlayStation2. It is set in the Cold War era were the story involves attempts to rescue a weapon designer, sabotage an experimental super-weapon and assassination of a former boss.


 From the internet, here.

 From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

The Metal Gear Solid sequels, in general, were also a part of my childhood. I never owned one of them until now though. Mostly I watched family or friends play. Of course I played too, but I enjoyed the game so much that it was totally fine just watching!

PlayStation 2 - Dragon Quest: Journey of the cursed king [€1,50]
This is the VIII game of the sequel. The other games were never published outside of Japan I think. In North - America it is published as Dragon Warrior. This RPG is a international best-selling game, published by Square Enix (known from Final Fantasy!). In this game you can walk through towns buy weapons, items and armors which you will need to defeat monsters on battlefields. 


 From the internet, here.

 From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

This was my boyfriends choice. He is truly but surely in love with this game. From all his stories and knowledge about it I can definitely say he is a fan. And why not? This game looks awesome. I remember it being featured on commercials and reviewed by gamers, it blew me away. It made me think of Dragonball, as it might make you think the same, haha. That is because the art is made by the same visual artists. I never played it, but I might as well now!

PlayStation 2 - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the sith [€2,-]
This game is based on the movie. So the story line revolves around Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker with the Clone Wars coming to an end. 

 From the internet, here.

 From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

I practically know nothing about this game. My boyfriend likes Star Wars and I saw some of the movies. Though I do remember I played a trail when I was younger on the PlayStation 1 about another Star Wars game. It was quite fun and it always left me guessing what would happen further on in the game. The main reason we got it was because of its multiplayer option, so we can play it both at the same time.  

PlayStation 2 - GTA: SanAndreas [€2,-]
This game is one of the many awesome games in the GTA series. It was developt by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It is one of the most sold games ever.

From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.

Who doesn't know this game? Back in my childhood days I would run around and just randomly kill people, use all sorts of cheats and pretend to be a god without really doing any missions. Ah well, I did all the missions until I could unlock a second player, haha. Good times.

Xbox 360 - Eternal Sonata [€5,-]
 A game developed by Tri-Crescendo and published by Namco Bandai Games. First this game was released in Japan. Afterwards in North America and Europe. The game is centered on a Polish pianist and composer Frédéric Chopin, who dies of tuberculosis at the age of 39.  The story shows a fictional world dreamed by Chopin himself during his last hours that is influenced by Chopin's life and music. He is also a playable character.

From the internet, here.

From the internet, here.


From the internet, here.

The only time I saw this game was in commercials on TV. I thought it was so cute. I am a fool for cute characters and pretty scenery in games. The story line must be SUPER DUPER BAD to make me not play it. I don't really care that much about story lines in games. If it looks good I'm probably already sold. And, no I have not played it yet. Once I do I will let you know about it!

Thanks for reading!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen