dinsdag 15 april 2014

Clinique - Uneven Skintone Solutions kit


Concern Kit Uneven Skin Tone - Even Better 

Hi there! Here I am with another product review about Clinique. This time I will review (probably you've already read the title) the uneven skin tone solutions kit. If you have read my other post about the Clinique - Anti-blemish solutions you would have seen this review coming. If not, go ahead and check it if you like :). In that review I described a bit about the state of my skin. I also came to the conclusion that the Anti-blemish solution kit did not really suit me. 

Note: this is not the complete line of the uneven skin tone solutions. This review only involves the even better kit products.


What will it do?
It will make the skin smoother, more even and brighter. It is for all skin types.



What does the kit contain?


Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser
This is a soft, foaming cream-mousse that will give you clean and fresh skin. The concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser removes makeup and sunscreens while preserving skin's natural moisture. With skin-soothing botanical. It is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Made in Belgium.






How to use: Lather a small amount on wet hands. Massage onto a wet face. Rinse thoroughly.

My thoughts
The packaging looks very cute. It has a pink color, as for the cream-mousse it also sparkles. The first time I smelled the product I though is was a matcha/green tea kind of smell. But actually the more I sniffed it, the more it smelled like a chemically, soapy kind of smell. Which I don't really like.

It definitely cleans the skin well and I felt refreshed after using it. A small amount is all you'll be needing. Though after using it more frequently, for a week or so, it started to dry out my skin. I felt a pulling sensation on my face, which didn't felt comfortable.

I think I personally wouldn't buy this product anymore. For overall it cleans well, but it is not the right product for my skin type. Although it says it is for all skin types, I do not recommend this product for dry skin!

Even Better Dark Spot Correcting Hand Cream SPF 15
This damage-eraser-hand-cream reduces the visibility and appearance of dark spots, age spots and discolorations on the hands. It will moisturize all day and when needed. It is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Contents made in U.S.A..






How to use: press out an ample amount and massage gently onto the top of hands.

My thoughts
I don't have any kind of spots on my hands, so I can not say if it does its job of removing them, but what I can say is that it moisturizes very well. I like the richness of the product and how it feels after massaging it onto the top of my hands. It also contains SPF 15, great for protecting your hands from harmful sun rays. I like it.

Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Lotion SPF 20
This lotion is a fresh, fat-free, liquid cream that will fight against the multiple causes of skin discoloration. It is specially designed for combination and oily skin. It will create a more even skin tone while protecting the skin from future darkening with high-level UVA/UVB defense. It instantly brightens and clarifies. It is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Contents made in U.K..









How to use: carefully press out an ample amount and massage gently into surface of your face.

My thoughts
I love this lotion. I have combination to oily skin and it works perfect for me. It doesn't dry out my skin. After using, my skin feels soft and refreshed. My skin doesn't get oily throughout the day. I also like the fact that it contains SPF 20, so my face will be protected against the harmful sun rays. When I apply the lotion to my face it goes on very smoothly, because of its liquid texture.

The only thing I am not sure of is, if it gets rid of dark spots. I have some spots on my cheek from acne scaring. They are not super dark. Now, I have been using this lotion for about 4 to 5 weeks and I only have seen a slight difference, I THINK. I'm not certain.

Even Better Makeup SPF 15 Shade: Neutral
It will give you an even skin color and a visible disappearance of aging spots. It is designed for dry combination to combination oily skin types. Made in Belgium.







How to use: apply the desirable amount and divide evenly over the face.

My thoughts
When I first took a bit of product onto my hand I saw that this color was kind of pink/red. I was scared it wouldn't match with my skin tone. I used a small amount and it went on pretty smoothly. It doesn't make my skin oily throughout the day and it feels like my skin can still breath. Next to that it protect the skin from the sun which is great! In the sunlight it is a bit shimmery looking, but I'm okay with that. It looks good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price
€13.50



My overall opinion 
I really like the Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Lotion SPF 20 and Even Better Dark Spot Correcting Hand Cream SPF 15. Even though I don't really know if they get rid of spots, I sure do recommend them. The products feels so good on the skin and moisturize very well. The texture of both products are well balanced. My hands stay moisturized throughout the day and my face does not get oily at all, even at the end of the day.

I'm not a fan of the Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser. Although it cleans the skin really good, after a while of using it, it makes my skin dry after washing. I thought I kind of liked the scent, but the more I smelled the product, the more I wanted to stop using it. I would not buy this again, because it is not fit for my skin type. I prefer a more gently one. I would still recommend you to try it out and see if it works for you!


The Even Better Makeup SPF 15 Shade: Neutral is a pretty nice foundation. The coverage isn't that great, but it looks quite flattering on the skin. I used a small amount which made my skin shimmer a bit. Also my skin did not get oily later on the day. It worked for me, but I will not purchase this item again. It didn't wow me.

Pro's
  • Allergy tested
  • 100% Fragrance free
  • Products have neutral scent
  • They do what they are meant for
  • I love the hand cream and the lotion, they are great!
  • Hand cream keeps me moisturized
  • Lotion does a great job on balancing out my skin, doesn't get oily. I also really like the texture.
  • Skin gets softer
  • The tubes are easy to use
  • The foundation gives a natural glow to my face and doesn't feel heavy.
Con's
  • I think it will take more than 4 to 5 weeks until results can be seen. 
  • The Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser dries out my skin after using more frequently. It becomes a bit to harsh for my skin. I don't like the smell either
  • The lotion hasn't given me real results, yet? (been using for more than 5 weeks now)
  • The foundation doesn't cover very well

Thanks for checking out this review! More beauty products will be reviewed here soon. For example Japanese beauty products, SKINFOOD products, facial masks, etc.. :).

More posts about Clinique:

Clinique Anti-blemish
Bye, Bye Sephora
November Haul 2012


2 opmerkingen:

  1. The lotion and hand cream sound amaaazing! I haven't actually tried any Clinique products before, but they always seem so classy. Too bad the cleanser dried out your skin though. :(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They are really :)! I think Clinique has decent products, really worth a shot. Yea, first few times was ok, but after it not so much anymore hehe :P

      Verwijderen