donderdag 30 januari 2014

The "failed" buttermilk pie

Exactly what the title says... I made a buttermilk pie and it pretty much failed, (」゜ロ゜)」. It was my first time making a buttermilk pie. But oh well, I've learned some important things when it comes to baking a pie now, I must say.

So how it went..

A while ago I made a strawberry pie with my boyfriend. It came out pretty good. Crunchy and tasty, a good first attempt! We ate almost the whole thing.

Then a week ago I decided to make a pie again. I thought: the last one went good, maybe this time it will go even better ヽ(^。^)丿. The buttermilk pie doesn't need that much ingredients and it takes less time to prepare compared to the strawberry pie. 

Together we went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients.


The ingredients:
- 3 eggs - 
- 1/2 cup butter, softened - 
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar -
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour -
- cup buttermilk -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - 
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - 
- 1/8 tablespoon nutmeg -
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust -


The first thing that I made was the pie crust. I didn't measure how thick the crust was and stuff. I made the dough and rolled it out until it was a nice flat layer and placed it over the tin.

In the meanwhile my boyfriend was cooking dinner. He always makes sure he uses the right ingredients in the right amount. Me on the other hand, do not really care about measuring and weighing. Even when it comes to a pie or cake. I don't mind to throw in a bit more of this and that (*´∀`*).



After preparing the dough I followed the rest of the recipe. I threw in the right amount of everything at first.

3 eggs,

one 

and a half

cup

of

white sugar,

three spoons of

all 

purpose

flour,

a cup of buttermilk,

some vanilla extract,

buttahhh,

and little bit of lemon!


Then I mixed all the ingredients until it looked like a smooth liquid whole. I poured it carefully into the tin covered by the dough. But I noticed that for the tin to be filled, I needed to make use of more ingredients. After a discussion with my boyfriend we decided not to. 

The thing was that I already put extra sugar, flour and buttermilk to increase the consistency before I discussed it. That was not such a good thing to do, hehehehe. It also wasn't enough to fill up the whole tin by the way. So we just shoved it in the oven and awaited the result.


And the result was....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

E voila \( ̄(エ) ̄\)!

Isn't this the weirdest looking pie ever?  When we cut out some pieces it looked quite nice though.


It looked even very tasty! The first bite was okay, but then the more we ate the more we noticed it was way to sweet! Maybe it even had more calories than a cheesecake ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ!!

Next time I am going to stick to the recipe. I'm not going to add any other extra things and keep the measurements the same. 

Or I will maybe even bake some cupcakes next time , lol. But yea, thank you for reading my post again :). I hope I didn't make you to hungry~

Until the next time :D! Ciaoooooooo~

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten