zondag 19 januari 2014

Japan - Day 4: Family fun and Akihabara

On the living room table of my boyfriends parents were several kinds of cookies and snacks. On the picture above you can see one of them, called Hato(means Dove, pigeon) Sabure(shortbread). A cookie in the shape of a dove. I think it is made in Kamakura. Delicious!

DAY 4 in Japan

It has been a long time since my boyfriend had seen his family in Japan. After 1,5 years he finally returned, but this time with me, hehehe (¬‿¬)

On the fourth day in Japan we prepared to go out for a family visit. We drove for about a hour to see Tatsuya's brother, his brothers wife and his two little nieces. On the way we stopped to pick up some cake, sushi and pizza. 


When we arrived we got a warm welcome and entered this beautiful house, designed by the owner himself! My boyfriends brother is an architect and I must say he did an amazing job designing his house (unfortunately I don't have any pictures).

After introducing myself we sat down for some tea. Then Rico-chan (one of the nieces) asked Tatsuya and me to come with her. 


Rico-chan made us both a 3D sticker. The one on the picture is mine, haha. Although I could pick out a sticker myself, I didn't knew what its meaning was *see the tiny Japanese text on it*. Then I got told mine had something to do with money you get from your parents. Rico-chan picked out one herself for Tatsuya, his sticker had the word "Study" on it :).


Later on we played with some type of Lego, colored in color-books and took a bunch of pictures. It was really fun!

 



We created some robots too haha. 

For lunch we ate soup, sushi and pizza. Then before leaving we made space, in our tummies, for some cake. In Japan it is common to eat cake and pie during Christmastime. And oooh my, the cakes and pies they make over there are gorgeous and so tasty! The bakeries are adorable. You can just spend hours staring through the windows at the cakes and pies.

Even though we would have loved to spend more time with them, there was another point in the agenda...

Next Stop: Akihabara



This place is like a heaven for me. Everywhere... colors, electronics, anime, people, cosplay, figures, high buildings and more! Unbelievable! I stared at the advertisements and billboards with open mouth while walking through the streets. This part of Tokyo is so incredibly cool. 

If you know Akihabara, 秋葉原, you probably also know that it is filled with a lot of males. To be more specific a lot of geeky males, haha. All in search of the latest manga, anime, figures, computer parts and games! 

You can literally spend hours and hours walking through shops. You can go up and down stairs in several buildings in finding new and second-hand goods! How can this whole area be dedicated to the things I love so much?! This is Mekka for Otaku's... Seriously.



If you have a love for electronics, computers and otaku-stuff you definitely need to take your time to come here. You will not be disappointed. 

I promised myself, before going to Akihabara, I wouldn't go totally crazy and buy ALL THE FIGURES, COSPLAY OUTFITS AND EVERYTHING ELSE AND STUFF へ(゜∇、°)へ!!! I would just buy one figure.. and some cosplay things. Yes, I managed to not go wacko and kept myself a promise :). I will show my goodies in some other post soon!


I will also show you more of this area soon too, because unfortunately for now I filmed more in Akihabara than I took pictures. When my youtube channel is up you guys will be the first to know!

The video's will contain some bits of my Karaoke experiences too, hehehe. The first Karaoke place I visited was in Akihabara. I'm like the worst singer ever and for me to sing ONE OK ROCK songs without any shame was so delightful (゜▼゜*)! It is way more fun than I could have imagined.

Going back home to parents place....

We ended the day with a delicious meal back in Tatsuya's home town. His parents prepared Kimchi Nabe!


Super good. Once I made Kimchi Nabe with Tatsuya >> HERE

Finally showered and well we took some silly pictures in front of the mirror, talking about how fun our day was and what tomorrow would have in store for us.

On the left there is my Totoro plushy I bought in Kamakura, in the middle you can see my boyfriends favorite monster from Dragon Quest and on the right you see another Totoro plushy.

Haha, hard to tell the difference...Right?
More about Ghibli museum in my Japan - Day 6 post!


I sincerely love Tokyo, Japan. Everyday was full of surprises. If you wanna see more of those surprises I recommend you to keep track of my blog by subscribing (scroll down to see)!

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me in the comment section, also below!

Byeeeeeeeee~


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen